Monday, March 4, 2013

Loving Learnist!

This is really cool! I am really enjoying using Learnist as a tool to add to my PLN! I have created a few boards and am really enjoying exploring ALL of the resources available! I am still a little overwhelmed by the inifite amount of prospective information, however, it has made it easier to stick with one tool of exploration. It was also extremely special to be able to participate in the live discussion with Farb. This has made the tool that much more personalized and relevant!

As a very visual person, I love the pictures and the layout of the tool. I am finding very interesting boards that include articles that relate to so many of my interests!

Along with my boards that organize and contain all of the educationally related articles I am interested in, I have also created a board on Raku Pottery. Raku is an exciting method of firing pottery that involves removing red hot pieces from a kiln and placing them into a barrel of combustible materials. I absolutely love the unpredictability that Raku produces! I have also participated in pit firings (as seen in the picture) which are a little more controlled but still produce the same unpredictable results. Since moving to California and starting this program, I have not had time to find or even really think about pottery. Through Learnist I have rekindled (...fire reference) some of this creativity and spirit! I am looking forward to continuing to explore!

Filling the pit at sunset. Seapoint Beach, Kittery, Maine.

Let it burn!

Retrieving the pieces from the pit the following morning.

We had amazing results!

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely on the same page about Learnist with you. It is awesome! I think it is a great way to organize resources and share ideas.

    ReplyDelete